Dr. Tobias Moser, Partner
Tobias is a business lawyer, entrepreneur and management consultant who focuses not only on the legal but also on the economic and strategic interests of his clients. Several years away from the traditional legal paths have sharpened his understanding of numbers and his eye for the entrepreneurial essentials. He sees law primarily as a technique for the clean implementation of entrepreneurial goals. Clients appreciate his multidisciplinary and cross-industry experience and therefore entrust Tobias regularly with corporate roles.
Tobias worked for several years as a lawyer in leading international big law firms in the areas of Dispute Resolution & Compliance. Subsequently, he spent two and a half years at a leading German corporate finance consultancy as a restructuring and financing advisor, most recently as a Director and Managing Director with operational responsibility for the European trust business. He gained experience as a department head in an international media company and was most recently a member and then Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Gerry Weber International AG. He is also Senior Advisor at the management consultancy Excelliance Management Partners.
He is a member of the board of VBU e.V. – Vereinigung zur Förderung des Deutschen und Europäischen Bank-, Kapitalmarkt und Unternehmensrechts e.V. (Association for the Promotion of German and European Banking, Capital Markets and Corporate Law), a graduate of the specialist training in banking and capital markets law, a business mediator and a certified supervisory board member (German Stock Exchange).
Tobias holds a doctorate in debt securities law, regularly publishes and lectures on corporate law topics with a particular focus on banking and capital markets law, commercial and corporate law as well as insolvency law and restructuring.
- Membership and chairmanship of the supervisory board, audit, mediation, nomination and personnel committees of Gerry Weber International AG
- Advice and structuring of one of the largest insolvency proceedings in Germany in the Wirecard complex, including litigation financing advice
- Representation of over 100 bondholders and investors in the insolvency proceedings of KTG Energie AG
- Chairman arbitrator of an ad hoc arbitration proceeding of a joint venture in the construction industry
- Advising a renewable energy company on capital market and insolvency law issues
- Beratung und Vertretung vor Gericht und im Gläubigerausschuss von Anleihegläubigern im
Insolvenzverfahren der Air Berlin plc*
- Advice and representation in court and in the creditors’ committee of bondholders in the insolvency proceedings of Air Berlin plc*
- Advice and representation before court and in the creditors’ committee of bondholders in the insolvency proceedings of Solarworld AG*
- Advice and representation in court and in the creditors’ committee of bondholders in the insolvency proceedings of Alno AG*
- Ongoing corporate and financing law advice from start-up to listed companies
*worked on in previous units